Chief Executive Role
The Chief Executive will provide strategic leadership to the whole organisation, working collaboratively and effectively with the Chairman, Trust Board and Council of Governors on our journey to deliver exceptional patient care, delivered by exceptional people.
You will uphold our values of Respect and dignity; Commitment to quality of care; Compassion; Improving lives; Working together for patients and Everyone counts whilst successfully delivering the Trust strategy and organisational culture change that we are embarked upon.
The Chief Executive will lead the strategic planning of the Trust, ensuring that our regional service is working collaboratively across the health sector of the South West and the wide ambulance sector.
At the core of the role, as the Accountable Officer, the Chief Executive is responsible for ensuring the Trust delivers nothing less than high-quality, patient-centred care and experience whilst meeting its statutory obligations, NHS constitutional duties and Foundation Trust licence terms.
Specifically, the core responsibilities are to:
- Develop and lead our emerging strategic programme Enabling Outstanding.
- Provide strong, visible leadership and a clear sense of purpose, which will deliver both cultural and clinical excellence through involvement and engagement of our people.
- Develop and deliver our services so that they meet the diverse needs of our patients and key stakeholders.
- Drive performance and continuous improvement that are positively benchmarked with other ambulance trusts across the many areas of service provision.
- Continue to develop a patient-focused organisational culture where all of our people, whatever their background and role, feel supported, valued, listened to, empowered and involved.
- Provide services that are cost effective, represent value for money to the NHS and which can be benchmarked against those of other ambulance trusts.
- Managing the performance of direct reports, ensuring that their development needs are met and providing advice and support.